Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Latest Find: 3.1 Phillip Lim, Thread Social & Esley

Lately when I've gone shopping, I have a ticking time bomb in the form of a 21 month old stuck in a stroller. Usually he is pretty good, especially if he has a truck in his hands, but I just never know when he is going to reach his limit.

So in an attempt to ward off a stare-inducing meltdown, I've gotten pretty good at flying through the aisles, grabbing what I need or what catches my eye. I'm sure I'm missing some pretty great stuff, but this method nonetheless worked on a recent thrifting outing here in Nashville.

I managed to pick up three gorgeous designer dresses. The first is a dark blue 3.1 Phillip Lim cocktail dress. Ruffly and decadent, it would be perfect for a summer party or a fancy date night. Alas, it is too big for me, so I'm pretty certain it will wind up on my Ebay store in the near future. These dresses can retail for $600 and more, so someone is sure to get a steal.




 The back ruching is beautiful!



The next dress I found is a pretty rockin' Esley dress. This was brand new with the tags still attached, and originally retailed for almost $100. Not super pricey, but I got a great deal anyways. I'm thinking about saving this for a performance. It has a fun swirly skirt that would be perfect for dancing.




I think my favorite may be this Thread Social dress. I have nothing else in this color, so I thought it would be a nice stand out piece. I love that it can be dressed up with heels and jewelry, or worn a bit more casually. Maybe not to the playground, but definitely for dinner with the girls on a warm night.
Thread Social dresses tend to retail in the $300 to $700 range (with some topping $1000!), so I definitely got a bargain.



Until next time, Happy Shopping!

No comments: